So much going on today! Almost forgot to post the weekly #NewComicDay post! Here are some books you can’t miss this week!
Superior Spider-Man #31 -SERIES FINALE! The end of an era! A tale of triumph and tragedy! The GREEN GOBLIN unmasked! A hero reborn! But what does this mean for OTTO OCTAVIUS?! There’s only one man who can save us from the Goblin Nation… PETER PARKER: The one, true SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN!
Batman #30 - The beginning of the end of Zero Year!
Ms. Marvel #3 - See what we had to say about this book here!
Justice League #29 - See what we had to say about this book here!
Solar: Man of the Atom #1 - See what we had to say about this book here!
Bandette #7 -The Urchins are warned of a deadly threat! Monsieur is trapped in the act of a daring burglary! Absinthe is enraged by a bold theft beneath his very nose! Bandette continues to pilfer the objects held most dear to Absinthe, all the while collecting evidence to be used against his corrupt organization, FINIS! Our beloved heroine scoffs at all laws in pursuit of her quest, but there is one law even she must obey… the law of gravity!
CBLDF: Liberty - Celebrate creative freedom with the industry’s top talents in LIBERTY, a collection benefiting the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund! This deluxe edition collects LIBERTY ANNUAL 2008-2012, with additional material not seen anywhere else and a stunning new cover by PAUL POPE! LIBERTY includes rare work, including a THE WALKING DEAD tale by ROBERT KIRKMAN & CHARLIE ADLARD, 100 Words by NEIL GAIMAN & JIM LEE, Criminal by ED BRUBAKER & SEAN PHILLIPS, The Boys by GARTH ENNIS & DARICK ROBERTSON, plus stories from GEOFF JOHNS, MARK MILLAR, JH WILLIAMS III, TERRY MOORE, HOWARD CHAYKIN, JASON AARON, BRIAN WOOD, STUART & KATHRYN IMMONEN, MIKE ALLRED, DARWYN COOKE, PAUL POPE, and dozens more! LIBERTY also includes incredible illustrations from FRANK MILLER, JEFF SMITH, TIM SALE, JOHN ROMITA JR., MIKE MIGNOLA, and many more! All proceeds from this collection benefit the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund’s work protecting the freedom to read!
Genesis - A trippy journey of creation and destruction as one man finds himself with the ability to manifest anything by thinking it-only to learn that with seemingly unlimited power comes unstoppable terror.
Check these out and all the other new releases available today on comiXology!
SXSW2014 is all done and giving away all these comics has left us completely exhausted, but man! Y’all are the best, and we’re so glad you love these books. Here’s a recap of all the codes we announced yesterday. Hurry up because they expire tonight at 11:59pm EST.
Saga #1, Black Science #1, Deadly Class #1, Alex + Ada #1 - SXIMAGE
10 Monkeybrain Favorites - SXMBRAIN
Lookouts #1 - SXLOOK
Star Trek: Ongoing vol. 1 - SXTREK
Grimm Fairy Tales vol. 1 - SXGRIMM
Three Guided View Native Favorites - SXGVN
All you have to do is head over to the comiXology redeem page at comixology.com/redeem and use those bolded codes to get all of those comics for absolutely free! All the above codes expire today (3/10/14) at 11:59pm EST!
And hey! Don’t be selfish! Share with your friends! Comics are great! Friends are great! #great
Kevin’s Picks of The Week (9/18/2013)
Pick of The Week: INKSHOT: A showcase of some of the best Brazilian comics of the 21st Century, and it’s only available on comiXology thanks to our friends at Monkeybrain Inc. needless to say, it’s a must read.
Adventure Time #20: Once again the Adventure Time team at BOOM! Studios find a way to hook me with a new jumping on point. With the issue actually stylized after old school first person RPG adventure games, you don’t just read this issue – you experience it!
Five Ghosts Vol.1: The Haunting of Fabian Grey: An entire trade for only 10 bucks! You can’t beat it, Five Ghosts is one of the best new comics of 2013! If you haven’t read it yet now is the perfect time.
Harbinger #16: After the shocking events of the last issue the twists and turns in this week’s installment make for an enjoyable read as the series heads in a new direction. Another great jumping on point as Valiant heads toward Unity.
Kevin tweets, tumbles, and gives the occasional thumbs up across comiXology’s various social media platforms, he is currently planning a trip to Brazil got any suggestions.
Kevin’s Picks of The Week (8/28/2013)
- PICK Of THE WEEK: The Wake Directors Cut #1: Two words: Sean. Murphy. I never thought I’d be the type of fan who so eagerly awaited extras for a comic I already own. Then I read The Wake, and knew I needed everything to do with it.
- Magic Whistle #13: Unlike the printed version of this book, the digital has a few colorful goodies sprinkled throughout. Along with the rude, crude humor of Sam Henderson and friends of course. What’s not to love?
- Detectobot #1: This super fun series delivers the goods and does not disappoint. It’s so cool to see Twin brothers Peter and Bobby Timony working together on a book again. Score one for Monekybrain for nabbing this talented duo.
Kevin tweets, tumbles and gives the occasional thumbs up across comiXology’s Social Media spectrum. He is currently setting money aside to purchase Sean Murphy original art at NYCC.
Kevin’s Picks of The Week (7/31/2013)
- PICK OF THE WEEK: Beware the Creeper #5: How did I miss this series back in 2003? We’re talking classic caper comics written by Jason Hall (The Guy behind Pistolwhip and more DC Animation Tie-in comics than anyone!) and Cliff Chiang (Yeah…THAT Cliff Chiang!) set in the High Art world of 1920’s Paris, and starring a unique twist on one of my all time favorite DC characters…The Creeper!
- Goblin Hood: Creator Bobby Timony twists the familiar world of Robin Hood and his Merry Men around a cast of loveable Monsters for a fresh fantasy tale that you can’t help but love.
- Indestructible Hulk #11: New story arc spinning out of the events from Age of Ultron…Also sometimes you just need to SMASH S@#t! Plus Mark Waid and Matteo Scalera continue to knock it out of the park on the creative end of this book.
- High Crimes #4: This comic continues to do a lot of things right in a short amount of pages. Looking for a little intrigue outside the capes and tights crowd this week? Check out High Crimes. They also have a great tumblr ;)
Kevin tweets, tumbles, and gives the occasional thumbs up across comiXology’s social media platforms. He is currently still a little miffed he didn’t know about Beware The Creeper until a few weeks ago.