Let it snow! New comics have nothing to do with the weather!
Two new issues, regardless of where you are and what the weather is doing.
Backflips and confetti!Us
my whole life summed up in one panel.
Two of my favorite panels from “Code Monkey Save World” #1, on sale TODAY at Comixology!
Kevin’s Picks of The Week (9/18/2013)
Pick of The Week: INKSHOT: A showcase of some of the best Brazilian comics of the 21st Century, and it’s only available on comiXology thanks to our friends at Monkeybrain Inc. needless to say, it’s a must read.
Adventure Time #20: Once again the Adventure Time team at BOOM! Studios find a way to hook me with a new jumping on point. With the issue actually stylized after old school first person RPG adventure games, you don’t just read this issue – you experience it!
Five Ghosts Vol.1: The Haunting of Fabian Grey: An entire trade for only 10 bucks! You can’t beat it, Five Ghosts is one of the best new comics of 2013! If you haven’t read it yet now is the perfect time.
Harbinger #16: After the shocking events of the last issue the twists and turns in this week’s installment make for an enjoyable read as the series heads in a new direction. Another great jumping on point as Valiant heads toward Unity.
Kevin tweets, tumbles, and gives the occasional thumbs up across comiXology’s various social media platforms, he is currently planning a trip to Brazil got any suggestions.
Kevin’s Picks of The Week (8/28/2013)
- PICK Of THE WEEK: The Wake Directors Cut #1: Two words: Sean. Murphy. I never thought I’d be the type of fan who so eagerly awaited extras for a comic I already own. Then I read The Wake, and knew I needed everything to do with it.
- Magic Whistle #13: Unlike the printed version of this book, the digital has a few colorful goodies sprinkled throughout. Along with the rude, crude humor of Sam Henderson and friends of course. What’s not to love?
- Detectobot #1: This super fun series delivers the goods and does not disappoint. It’s so cool to see Twin brothers Peter and Bobby Timony working together on a book again. Score one for Monekybrain for nabbing this talented duo.
- Rocket Raccoon: Tales From Half World: The complete collection of the original Rocket Raccoon mini-series. We’re talking Mike Mignola art here people!
Kevin tweets, tumbles and gives the occasional thumbs up across comiXology’s Social Media spectrum. He is currently setting money aside to purchase Sean Murphy original art at NYCC.
Crank up those keytars, Action Agents! Subatomic Party Girls #2 is finally here!
In this issue, the girls of Beryllium Steel have made it to the other side of the galaxy, where they’re called on to make a command performance for the mysterious Boss Drixly! Who is he? What is he? And what’s the deal with that t-shirt? Plus, Erica brings you the first in a set of paper dolls to cut out of your monitor and dress up to your heart’s content! This month: Cleo, the band’s frontwoman and vocalist!
All this can be yours for one thin dollar at Comixology! And if you missed the first issue, well, what are you waiting for?!
Kevin’s Picks of The Week (7/31/2013)
- PICK OF THE WEEK: Beware the Creeper #5: How did I miss this series back in 2003? We’re talking classic caper comics written by Jason Hall (The Guy behind Pistolwhip and more DC Animation Tie-in comics than anyone!) and Cliff Chiang (Yeah…THAT Cliff Chiang!) set in the High Art world of 1920’s Paris, and starring a unique twist on one of my all time favorite DC characters…The Creeper!
- Goblin Hood: Creator Bobby Timony twists the familiar world of Robin Hood and his Merry Men around a cast of loveable Monsters for a fresh fantasy tale that you can’t help but love.
- Indestructible Hulk #11: New story arc spinning out of the events from Age of Ultron…Also sometimes you just need to SMASH S@#t! Plus Mark Waid and Matteo Scalera continue to knock it out of the park on the creative end of this book.
- High Crimes #4: This comic continues to do a lot of things right in a short amount of pages. Looking for a little intrigue outside the capes and tights crowd this week? Check out High Crimes. They also have a great tumblr ;)
Kevin tweets, tumbles, and gives the occasional thumbs up across comiXology’s social media platforms. He is currently still a little miffed he didn’t know about Beware The Creeper until a few weeks ago.