I’ve heard that this book can fill the hole that Breaking Bad left in a lot of peoples’ hearts. Let me know what you think!
Oh. My. Gods.
The first arc of Jason Aaron & Esad Ribic’s SO INCREDIBLY EPIC Thor: God of Thunder is on sale for just 99¢ an issue!
GO WHAT ARE YOU DOING GO READ IT NOW!
Shane’s Picks of the Week (10/9/13)
- PICK OF THE WEEK: Thor: God of Thunder #14 - JASOOOOOOOOOON AAAAAAARONN! FAAAAAANTASTIC!
- Batman #24 - Guys… did you see the Riddler blow that dude’s arm off? Jeeze Louise. That was my favorite Villians Month book, but I’m pretty stoked Zero Year is back in full swing tbh. Also this book is double length! Bigger is better, amirite?
- Deadpool #18 - I think this cover is rad, also this arc is rad. On a scale of one to rad I rate this “rad!”
- Infinity #4 - I cheated and read this already and y’all are in for a treat. Thor is a certified BAMF
- Afterlife With Archie #1 - I never ever thought I would have an Archie book on my list, but… here we are. Francavilla is the man and yeah! zombies! Halloween is coming! Fall is here! The only thing better than this would have been “Pumpkin Spiced Archie”
Shane is the marketing assistant at comiXology and is working on a script for Pumpkin Spiced Archie #1.
Shane’s Picks of the Week (9/18/13)
- PICK OF THE WEEK: Thor: God of Thunder #13 - How many times do I have to tell y’all that this is one of the most epic books out right now. And yeah, last one was all well and good, but now we’re back to the baddy beating business and Malekith is on deck. Esad Ribic is out on this issue, but he was kind enough to leave us with an awesome cover.
- Five Ghosts vol. 1: The Haunting of Fabian Gray - Maaaaan am I excited to read this one. Ghosts AND Literary icons? I’m not sure how you can get any better than that. The only thing that could give it a run for it’s money might be…
- Six-Gun Gorilla #4 - A GORILLA WITH A STEAMPUNK RIFLE! Do I need to say more? Yeah? Okay… well. This has been a surprise favorite for me this summer. Reality-show-satire meets space-western-pastiche. C’mon!
- Captain Marvel #16 - Okay… listen. Maybe you’ve noticed that I have a massive comic-book-crush on Kelly Sue DeConnick, and that would be because I do in fact have a massive comic-book-crush on Kelly Sue DeConnick, but it’s not just because shes lovely but because Captain Marvel is one of the best books out right now and if you’re not reading it by now then I don’t know how to help you. Help me help you. Read this.
Shane is the marketing assistant at comiXology and wishes he was still in high school so he could ask Kelly Sue to go to prom with him.
Shane’s Picks of the Week (8/28/13)
- PICK OF THE WEEK: Thor: God of Thunder #12 - #11 literally left me in slack-jawed awe after every page. If you’re not reading this by now, I don’t know what you think you’re doing that is a better use of your time… but you’re wrong.
- Captain Marvel #15 - I love you, Kelly Sue. Please never stop doing what you’re doing. The end of Enemy Within was so frakking good.
- FBP: Federal Bureau of Physics #2 - Okay… so this was called Collider before, now its FBP. I love how they dealt with that on the cover. #1 was really rad and the colors are INCREDIBLE.
- Thanos Rising #5 (of 5): The conclusion of Thanos’ rise to becoming the mad titan we all know and love and fear today. Jason Aaron has really done a great job on this series. Props, dude. Mad props.
Shane is the marketing assistant at comiXology and secretly wishes people would start referring to him as Captain Sparklefists.
Shane’s Picks of the Week (8/14/13)
- PICK OF THE WEEK: Saga #13 - SAGA’S BACK!
- Thor: God of Thunder #11 - Do you ever feel like you need something really EPIC in your life? This book is it. Also, the finale of the Godbomb arc!
- Six-Gun Gorilla #3 (of 6) - It’s got guns, it’s got gorillas, it’s got romance(?), and its makes fun of reality TV. What else do you need?
- Batman #23 - Zero Year has been so so good. Snyder and Capullo really have done a great job refreshing Batman’s early years.
Shane is the marketing assistant at comiXology and has mentioned Saga to every person he has met over the last year and a half.