comiXolgy Unbound's Weekend #comicbinge
↳Thor: God of Thunder by Jason Aaron
In the distant past, Thor follows the bloody wake of murdered gods. In the present, the Thunder God discovers a forgotten cave that echoes with the cries of tortured gods! And thousands of years from now, the last god-king of a ruined Asgard makes his final stand against the God Butcher’s beserker legions. As three Thors from three eras race to stop the God Butcher, the full extent of his vicious scheme takes terrifying shape!
Jason Aaron’s run on Thor has been one of the most amazing things to come out of Marvel NOW! The God Butcher/God Bomb arc had my jaw on the ground with every page return and Gorr is one of the best villains I have ever read. If you haven’t read it yet how about binging on it this weekend?
#comicbinge comes to you every Friday at the end of the work day suggesting series runs you can binge on over the weekend!
Oh. My. Gods.
The first arc of Jason Aaron & Esad Ribic’s SO INCREDIBLY EPIC Thor: God of Thunder is on sale for just 99¢ an issue!
GO WHAT ARE YOU DOING GO READ IT NOW!
Shane’s Picks of the Week (10/9/13)
- PICK OF THE WEEK: Thor: God of Thunder #14 - JASOOOOOOOOOON AAAAAAARONN! FAAAAAANTASTIC!
- Batman #24 - Guys… did you see the Riddler blow that dude’s arm off? Jeeze Louise. That was my favorite Villians Month book, but I’m pretty stoked Zero Year is back in full swing tbh. Also this book is double length! Bigger is better, amirite?
- Deadpool #18 - I think this cover is rad, also this arc is rad. On a scale of one to rad I rate this “rad!”
- Infinity #4 - I cheated and read this already and y’all are in for a treat. Thor is a certified BAMF
- Afterlife With Archie #1 - I never ever thought I would have an Archie book on my list, but… here we are. Francavilla is the man and yeah! zombies! Halloween is coming! Fall is here! The only thing better than this would have been “Pumpkin Spiced Archie”
Shane is the marketing assistant at comiXology and is working on a script for Pumpkin Spiced Archie #1.
Shane’s Picks of the Week (9/18/13)
- PICK OF THE WEEK: Thor: God of Thunder #13 - How many times do I have to tell y’all that this is one of the most epic books out right now. And yeah, last one was all well and good, but now we’re back to the baddy beating business and Malekith is on deck. Esad Ribic is out on this issue, but he was kind enough to leave us with an awesome cover.
- Five Ghosts vol. 1: The Haunting of Fabian Gray - Maaaaan am I excited to read this one. Ghosts AND Literary icons? I’m not sure how you can get any better than that. The only thing that could give it a run for it’s money might be…
- Six-Gun Gorilla #4 - A GORILLA WITH A STEAMPUNK RIFLE! Do I need to say more? Yeah? Okay… well. This has been a surprise favorite for me this summer. Reality-show-satire meets space-western-pastiche. C’mon!
- Captain Marvel #16 - Okay… listen. Maybe you’ve noticed that I have a massive comic-book-crush on Kelly Sue DeConnick, and that would be because I do in fact have a massive comic-book-crush on Kelly Sue DeConnick, but it’s not just because shes lovely but because Captain Marvel is one of the best books out right now and if you’re not reading it by now then I don’t know how to help you. Help me help you. Read this.
Shane is the marketing assistant at comiXology and wishes he was still in high school so he could ask Kelly Sue to go to prom with him.