Shane’s Pull List For 10/30/13
Shane is the social media guy at comiXology and is dressing as a DIY Black Bolt for Halloween.
Shane’s Picks of the Week (10/9/13)
- PICK OF THE WEEK: Thor: God of Thunder #14 - JASOOOOOOOOOON AAAAAAARONN! FAAAAAANTASTIC!
- Batman #24 - Guys… did you see the Riddler blow that dude’s arm off? Jeeze Louise. That was my favorite Villians Month book, but I’m pretty stoked Zero Year is back in full swing tbh. Also this book is double length! Bigger is better, amirite?
- Deadpool #18 - I think this cover is rad, also this arc is rad. On a scale of one to rad I rate this “rad!”
- Infinity #4 - I cheated and read this already and y’all are in for a treat. Thor is a certified BAMF
- Afterlife With Archie #1 - I never ever thought I would have an Archie book on my list, but… here we are. Francavilla is the man and yeah! zombies! Halloween is coming! Fall is here! The only thing better than this would have been “Pumpkin Spiced Archie”
Shane is the marketing assistant at comiXology and is working on a script for Pumpkin Spiced Archie #1.
It’s National Taco Day. Consider this our obligatory Deadpool Post.
Shane’s Picks of the Week (9/25/13)
- PICK OF THE WEEK: Saga #14 - Because duh.
- East of West #6 - I only just started reading this when the trade came out the other week, and I really really dug it. It’s got western stuff, its got sci-fi stuff, its got apocalyptical stuff. So it’s got pretty much everything good.
- Rat Queens #1 - If you know me you’ve probably heard me talk about this book a bunch. I’ve been really excited for this for a while and not just because I enjoy girls who enjoy magic and adventure and drinking… but mostly because of that.
- Sex Criminals #1 - I actually already read this and I fell completely in love with it. If I made a wishlist of two things I would want in every comic ever it would be Vladimir Nabokov references and crudely drawn doodles of people having sex in various positions. It’s like Fraction read my dream journal or something…
- Deadpool vol. 4 #17 - This new arc, The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly, is so freaking good. Seriously, go back two issues to #15 and pick it up because it’s incredible. Shalvey’s art is just spot on. Best Deadpool I’ve read in a long time.
Shane is the marketing assistant at comiXology and can’t wait to try out the Fleshy Lightswtich.
We hear it’s National Comic Book Day, but let’s be honest…that’s pretty much everyday for most of us.
Celebrate all of this week’s new releases (including Rat Queens, The Wake, Deadpool, Atomic Robo and more) right here.
Half-Price Trade Alert!
Snag Uncanny X-Force Vol.1 at 50% off the normal cover price today!
Collects Uncanny X-Force #1-4. A secret society has resurrected En Sabah Nur, putting into motion events that will turn this age of heroes into an Age of Apocalypse! To hold them back, Wolverine and Archangel bring together Fantomex, Deadpool, and Psylocke to form The Uncanny X-Force! Their mission - kill Apocalypse by any means.
Shane’s Picks of the Week (8/07/13)
- PICK OF THE WEEK: Deadpool Kills Deadpool #2- I love the cover on this, and I unabashedly love deadpool, so there.
- The Superior Foes of Spider-Man #2 - The first issue was great. It had that sardonic tone that has made Hawkeye so popular while still feeling like something fresh. Highly recommended.
- Satellite Sam #2 - First off, I have a huge mancrush on Matt Fraction, so of course SatSam is on my list. Second off, this book seems like nothing I’ve ever read before. If Mad Men were a comic book but about TV and had more lace and murder?
- Sheltered #2 - I love the “Pre-Apocalyptic” concept and the first issue ended on a really exciting note.
Shane is the marketing assistant at comiXology and is apparently a huge fan of #2 issues.