The best day of the week is back again! It’s #NewComicDay! Here’s some of the books we’re looking forward to reading most this week:
Saga #18 - The end of the arc! Our heroes’ stay on Quietus comes to and end! Oh man, what is going to happen!?!
Guardians of the Galaxy #11.NOW - Jumping on point!! THE TRIAL OF JEAN GREY - When an alien race discovers that the original Jean Grey is back on Earth, they decide to hold her accountable for the acts of the Dark Phoenix, and it’s up to the Guardians to help the X-Men save her.
Adventure Time 2014 Winter Special - It’s winter time in the land of Ooo! Join your favorite characters in a collection of short stories as they embrace the cold! Snow, sweaters, and chilling adventures!
Inhumanity #2 - Written by Matt Fraction! Medusa’s kingdom is destroyed, her king is dead and her people’s population just increased exponentially. Everything is different—how can she possibly deal with it all?
Lost At Sea 10-Year Anniversary Edition - Raleigh doesn’t have a soul. A cat stole it - or at least that’s what she tells people - or at least that’s what she would tell people if she told people anything. But that would mean talking to people, and the mere thought of social interaction is terrifying. How did such a shy teenage girl end up in a car with three of her hooligan classmates on a cross-country road trip? Being forced to interact with kids her own age is a new and alarming proposition for Raleigh, but maybe it’s just what she needs - or maybe it can help her find what she needs - or maybe it can help her to realize that what she needs has been with her all along.
Li’l Sonja - Li’l Sonja is a warrior girl who travels the lands testing her mettle against monsters big and small, a younger pluckier version of the famous She-Devil With a Sword. When Li’l Sonja encounters a town plagued by eccentric bandits, she needs to figure out the pattern behind the thefts and bring the baddies to justice. No task is too tough for our crimson-haired hero. And if that isn’t enough, each Li’l book comes with a two-page activity sheet!
Superior Spider-Man #26 - Goblin Nation Prelude! The Green Goblin vs. The Original Hobgoblin! Plus: That thing that happened at the end of #25… That thing that raised all of those questions… You don’t have to wait any longer. You’ll get your answers THIS ISSUE! Honest.
Batman: The Dark Knight #27 - Batman will stop at nothing to shut down the Penguin, who has forced Gotham City’s illegal immigrants into slave labor.
Worlds’ Finest: Annual #1 - In one of their first adventures together, Earth 2’s Supergirl and Robin team up to face their world’s Wonder Woman.
Check these out and all the other new releases available today on comiXology!
Guest Star KARA’s Picks of the Week for 10/30/13!
- Saga #15 - I’ve judged this book by its cover, and I have found it EXCELLENT. If you haven’t started this series yet, a) WHY HAVEN’T YOU and b) GET ON THAT. It’s engrossing and weird and utterly wonderful, and you’ll want to wallpaper your life in Fiona Staples’s art.
- Powerpuff Girls #2 - Cue the theme song. The first issue set the tone as a spot-on adaptation of the killer Cartoon Network series of yore. You can just about hear the characters talking in their voices as you read. Plus, more Mojo Jojo is always a good thing.
- The Fox #1 - I have a soft spot for the Red Circle heroes, so when The Fox was announced I was excited, but when I saw that Mark Waid was involved I almost passed out. It’s gonna be good, is what I’m trying to say here. Stop reading this list and start reading this book, NOW.
- Damian: Son of Batman #1 - Definitely scared to read this one. DC killing off Damian was rage-inducing for me, so I’m not sure I’m ready to have my heart broken again. But I’m also morbidly curious, so, yeah, I’ll read it. I just might have to angry-capslock-tweet about it afterwards.
Kara supervises the international production team at comiXologyand is super excited about her Halloween costume this year.
Running this one through the digimatron3000* so its all ready for you crazy kids tomorrow morning.
*there is no such thing as a digimatron3000 (to our knowledge)
The cover for Saga #18 has just been revealed with Lying Cat looking like a badass and this mysterious solicit: Our heroes’ stay on Quietus reaches its inevitable conclusion.
WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN IMAGE PEOPLE!?
Shane’s Picks of the Week (9/25/13)
- PICK OF THE WEEK: Saga #14 - Because duh.
- East of West #6 - I only just started reading this when the trade came out the other week, and I really really dug it. It’s got western stuff, its got sci-fi stuff, its got apocalyptical stuff. So it’s got pretty much everything good.
- Rat Queens #1 - If you know me you’ve probably heard me talk about this book a bunch. I’ve been really excited for this for a while and not just because I enjoy girls who enjoy magic and adventure and drinking… but mostly because of that.
- Sex Criminals #1 - I actually already read this and I fell completely in love with it. If I made a wishlist of two things I would want in every comic ever it would be Vladimir Nabokov references and crudely drawn doodles of people having sex in various positions. It’s like Fraction read my dream journal or something…
- Deadpool vol. 4 #17 - This new arc, The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly, is so freaking good. Seriously, go back two issues to #15 and pick it up because it’s incredible. Shalvey’s art is just spot on. Best Deadpool I’ve read in a long time.
Shane is the marketing assistant at comiXology and can’t wait to try out the Fleshy Lightswtich.
Shane’s Picks of the Week (8/14/13)
- PICK OF THE WEEK: Saga #13 - SAGA’S BACK!
- Thor: God of Thunder #11 - Do you ever feel like you need something really EPIC in your life? This book is it. Also, the finale of the Godbomb arc!
- Six-Gun Gorilla #3 (of 6) - It’s got guns, it’s got gorillas, it’s got romance(?), and its makes fun of reality TV. What else do you need?
- Batman #23 - Zero Year has been so so good. Snyder and Capullo really have done a great job refreshing Batman’s early years.
Shane is the marketing assistant at comiXology and has mentioned Saga to every person he has met over the last year and a half.