possibly the best logan/ororo moment so far
Okay so I gotta set the record straight here… I saw some people online saying that the current run of Deadpool wasn’t very good and THEY ARE SO SO VERY MUCH WRONG!
The story arc from which the above photoset was taken, The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly, written by Gerry Duggan & Brian Posehn, with art from Declan Shalvey, and colors by Jordie Bellaire, may in fact be the very BEST Deadpool story ever. All the creators are on their A game here, and the story ranges from exciting, to hilarious, to heartbreaking, and back with aplomb.
For people who think Deadpool is nothing more than a walking punchline, read this collection and learn how wrong you are. You’re doing yourself a disservice by avoiding this series because of preconceived notions.
HEY! LISTEN! STOP WHAT YOU’RE DOING!
I know there are a lot of Deadpool fans out there and then also a lot of you who think he’s dumb and just is fart and chimichanga jokes, but this arc might be one of the best comics that came out last year.
Deadpool, Wolverine, and Captain America team up when they find out a secret branch of Weapon-X located in North Korea has been stealing their body parts to make clones of them to use for evil. This arc digs into the past of the characters and might be the most emotionally heavy-hitting Deadpool comics ever.
Seriously. I can’t recommend this one enough. The writing is so well balanced, and the team of Shalvey and Bellaire really shines.
Who out there loves this story as much as I do?
If you’re a fan of the current Deapool series you’re going to want to check this one out since it’s brought to you by the masterminds, Brian Posehn and Gerry Duggan with artist extraordinaire Reilly Brown delivering you delicious digital carnage.
Better hop to it since it ends tonight!
All these comics are just 99¢ each! Plus we have 3 bundles if that’s yr kinda thing.
Red She-Hulk #58-62,
Uncanny Avengers (2012) #1-5,
Iron Man (2012) #1-5,
All-New X-Men (2012) #1-5,
Avengers Assemble (2012) #9-13,
Fantastic Four (2012) #1-3,
FF (2012) #1-3,
X-Men: Legacy (2012) #1-6,
Thor: God of Thunder (2012) #1-5,
Captain America (2012) #1-5,
Indestructible Hulk (2012) #1-5 , (46)
Journey Into Mystery (2011) #646-650,
Avengers (2012) #1-6,
Deadpool (2012) #1-6,
Thunderbolts (2012) #1-6,
Avengers Arena (2012) #1-6,
Cable & X-Force (2012) #1-5,
Morbius: The Living Vampire (2013) #1-5,
New Avengers (2013) #1-6,
Uncanny X-Men (2013) #1-5, -need 4 & 5
Savage Wolverine (2013) #1-5,
Superior Spider-Man (2013) #1-5,
Wolverine (2013) #1-6,
Uncanny X-Force (2013) #1-6,
Young Avengers (2013) #1-5,
Nova (2013) #1-5,
Secret Avengers (2013) #1-5,
Guardians of the Galaxy (2013) #0.1 & 1-3
Shane’s Picks of the Week (10/9/13)
- PICK OF THE WEEK: Thor: God of Thunder #14 - JASOOOOOOOOOON AAAAAAARONN! FAAAAAANTASTIC!
- Batman #24 - Guys… did you see the Riddler blow that dude’s arm off? Jeeze Louise. That was my favorite Villians Month book, but I’m pretty stoked Zero Year is back in full swing tbh. Also this book is double length! Bigger is better, amirite?
- Deadpool #18 - I think this cover is rad, also this arc is rad. On a scale of one to rad I rate this “rad!”
- Infinity #4 - I cheated and read this already and y’all are in for a treat. Thor is a certified BAMF
- Afterlife With Archie #1 - I never ever thought I would have an Archie book on my list, but… here we are. Francavilla is the man and yeah! zombies! Halloween is coming! Fall is here! The only thing better than this would have been “Pumpkin Spiced Archie”
Shane is the marketing assistant at comiXology and is working on a script for Pumpkin Spiced Archie #1.
Shane’s Picks of the Week (9/25/13)
- PICK OF THE WEEK: Saga #14 - Because duh.
- East of West #6 - I only just started reading this when the trade came out the other week, and I really really dug it. It’s got western stuff, its got sci-fi stuff, its got apocalyptical stuff. So it’s got pretty much everything good.
- Rat Queens #1 - If you know me you’ve probably heard me talk about this book a bunch. I’ve been really excited for this for a while and not just because I enjoy girls who enjoy magic and adventure and drinking… but mostly because of that.
- Sex Criminals #1 - I actually already read this and I fell completely in love with it. If I made a wishlist of two things I would want in every comic ever it would be Vladimir Nabokov references and crudely drawn doodles of people having sex in various positions. It’s like Fraction read my dream journal or something…
- Deadpool vol. 4 #17 - This new arc, The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly, is so freaking good. Seriously, go back two issues to #15 and pick it up because it’s incredible. Shalvey’s art is just spot on. Best Deadpool I’ve read in a long time.
Shane is the marketing assistant at comiXology and can’t wait to try out the Fleshy Lightswtich.