Thane, Son of Thanos, returns in the brand new Marvel Infinite Comic Thanos: A God Up There Listening
Shane’s Picks of the Week (10/9/13)
- PICK OF THE WEEK: Thor: God of Thunder #14 - JASOOOOOOOOOON AAAAAAARONN! FAAAAAANTASTIC!
- Batman #24 - Guys… did you see the Riddler blow that dude’s arm off? Jeeze Louise. That was my favorite Villians Month book, but I’m pretty stoked Zero Year is back in full swing tbh. Also this book is double length! Bigger is better, amirite?
- Deadpool #18 - I think this cover is rad, also this arc is rad. On a scale of one to rad I rate this “rad!”
- Infinity #4 - I cheated and read this already and y’all are in for a treat. Thor is a certified BAMF
- Afterlife With Archie #1 - I never ever thought I would have an Archie book on my list, but… here we are. Francavilla is the man and yeah! zombies! Halloween is coming! Fall is here! The only thing better than this would have been “Pumpkin Spiced Archie”
Shane is the marketing assistant at comiXology and is working on a script for Pumpkin Spiced Archie #1.
Crimes, Cruelty, and Chaos: An Introduction To Villainy
Part Two: Thanos
Thanos. The name alone strikes fear into the hearts of the entire Marvel Universe. In this introduction to The Mad Titan you will read the first ever appearance of Thanos in Jim Starlin’s Iron Man #55, and then some of his first encounters with The Avengers, Captain Marvel, and Adam Warlock all leading up to Thanos Quest. After reading these you will have a good starting idea of who Thanos really is and be ready to jump right into one of the most famous Marvel events of all time Infinity Gauntlet. See Thanos in top form; complex, driven, and unfathomably evil.
- Avengers vs. Thanos - See Thanos’s bid to become a god and lay siege to Earth, with only the Avengers able to stop him. Collects Iron Man (1968) #55; Captain Marvel (1968) #25-30; Marvel Feature (1971) #12; Daredevil (1964) #105-107; Captain Marvel (1968) #31-32;Avengers (1963) #125; Captain Marvel (1968) #33; Warlock (1972) #9-11, 15; Avengers Annual (1967) #7; Marvel Two -In-One Annual #2; material from Logan’s Run #6.
- Silver Surfer: Rebirth of Thanos - The quest that led to INFINITY GAUNTLET begins here! Back from the dead, Thanos is after the power to bring the rest of the universe with him on a return trip! Can the Silver Surfer, Drax the Destroyer and others stop the cosmic iconoclast before he uses reality as a token of his affection for Death? Collects Silver Surfer #34-38 & Thanos Quest #1-2.
Thanos Art by Jon Hughes & Blake Henriksen
comiXology University is a regular post by the fine folks at comiXology Unbound where you can learn everything you’ve ever wanted to know about comics through thematically curated reading lists.
Shane’s Picks of the Week (8/28/13)
- PICK OF THE WEEK: Thor: God of Thunder #12 - #11 literally left me in slack-jawed awe after every page. If you’re not reading this by now, I don’t know what you think you’re doing that is a better use of your time… but you’re wrong.
- Captain Marvel #15 - I love you, Kelly Sue. Please never stop doing what you’re doing. The end of Enemy Within was so frakking good.
- FBP: Federal Bureau of Physics #2 - Okay… so this was called Collider before, now its FBP. I love how they dealt with that on the cover. #1 was really rad and the colors are INCREDIBLE.
- Thanos Rising #5 (of 5): The conclusion of Thanos’ rise to becoming the mad titan we all know and love and fear today. Jason Aaron has really done a great job on this series. Props, dude. Mad props.
Shane is the marketing assistant at comiXology and secretly wishes people would start referring to him as Captain Sparklefists.