Shane’s Picks of the Week (10/16/13)
- PICK OF THE WEEK: Hawkeye #13 - I couldn’t wait to read this before I made my picks so I read it and it’s great and bromazing and brobrobrobrobro. So glad it’s back. <3 u fraction.
- Six-Gun Gorilla #5 (of 6) - I don’t know what I’m going to do when this one ends, it’s been my sleeper hit of the year.
- Avengers #21 - I would be entirely okay if this issue is just 22 pages of people high-fiving Thor for his awesome display of radness in Infinity #4
- Sheltered #4 - It’s come to my attention that no one I know is reading this title and I on the other hand am sitting over here loving it. Can one of you check it out and talk to me about how neat it is?!
Shane is the social media dude at comiXology and still can’t feel his legs since NYCC2013
Shane’s Picks of the Week (9/18/13)
- PICK OF THE WEEK: Thor: God of Thunder #13 - How many times do I have to tell y’all that this is one of the most epic books out right now. And yeah, last one was all well and good, but now we’re back to the baddy beating business and Malekith is on deck. Esad Ribic is out on this issue, but he was kind enough to leave us with an awesome cover.
- Five Ghosts vol. 1: The Haunting of Fabian Gray - Maaaaan am I excited to read this one. Ghosts AND Literary icons? I’m not sure how you can get any better than that. The only thing that could give it a run for it’s money might be…
- Six-Gun Gorilla #4 - A GORILLA WITH A STEAMPUNK RIFLE! Do I need to say more? Yeah? Okay… well. This has been a surprise favorite for me this summer. Reality-show-satire meets space-western-pastiche. C’mon!
- Captain Marvel #16 - Okay… listen. Maybe you’ve noticed that I have a massive comic-book-crush on Kelly Sue DeConnick, and that would be because I do in fact have a massive comic-book-crush on Kelly Sue DeConnick, but it’s not just because shes lovely but because Captain Marvel is one of the best books out right now and if you’re not reading it by now then I don’t know how to help you. Help me help you. Read this.
Shane is the marketing assistant at comiXology and wishes he was still in high school so he could ask Kelly Sue to go to prom with him.
Six Gun Gorilla #4 gets the nod for our featured book of the week (and also one of the COOLEST COVERS EVER!)