Shane’s Picks of the Week (10/16/13)
- PICK OF THE WEEK: Hawkeye #13 - I couldn’t wait to read this before I made my picks so I read it and it’s great and bromazing and brobrobrobrobro. So glad it’s back. <3 u fraction.
- Six-Gun Gorilla #5 (of 6) - I don’t know what I’m going to do when this one ends, it’s been my sleeper hit of the year.
- Avengers #21 - I would be entirely okay if this issue is just 22 pages of people high-fiving Thor for his awesome display of radness in Infinity #4
- Sheltered #4 - It’s come to my attention that no one I know is reading this title and I on the other hand am sitting over here loving it. Can one of you check it out and talk to me about how neat it is?!
Shane is the social media dude at comiXology and still can’t feel his legs since NYCC2013
$@#%! Yeah Avatar Press!
Welcome to comiXology.
Shane’s Picks of the Week (9/25/13)
- PICK OF THE WEEK: Saga #14 - Because duh.
- East of West #6 - I only just started reading this when the trade came out the other week, and I really really dug it. It’s got western stuff, its got sci-fi stuff, its got apocalyptical stuff. So it’s got pretty much everything good.
- Rat Queens #1 - If you know me you’ve probably heard me talk about this book a bunch. I’ve been really excited for this for a while and not just because I enjoy girls who enjoy magic and adventure and drinking… but mostly because of that.
- Sex Criminals #1 - I actually already read this and I fell completely in love with it. If I made a wishlist of two things I would want in every comic ever it would be Vladimir Nabokov references and crudely drawn doodles of people having sex in various positions. It’s like Fraction read my dream journal or something…
- Deadpool vol. 4 #17 - This new arc, The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly, is so freaking good. Seriously, go back two issues to #15 and pick it up because it’s incredible. Shalvey’s art is just spot on. Best Deadpool I’ve read in a long time.
Shane is the marketing assistant at comiXology and can’t wait to try out the Fleshy Lightswtich.
Shane’s Picks of the Week (9/11/13)
- PICK OF THE WEEK: TEOTFW - This is one of strangest graphic novels I’ve read in a while. Simplistic yet wholly engrossing and definitely unpredictable. Also, rumor has it that TEOTFW is in the process of being turned into a web series, so that’s pretty neat!
- East of West vol. 1: The Promise - I’ve been wanting to get into this series for so long, but I just haven’t had the time. Well that time is now! Very exciting. Hickman has been everywhere lately, eh?
- FBP: Federal Bureau of Physics #3 - The last issue ended with quite the twist, and I’m so stoked on the concept of alternate universes, that doesn’t have to do with time travel.
- X-Men #5 - Speaking of time travel! I’m kind of crazy about Battle of the Atom so far, and it’s probably because Jason Aaron had a large part in coming up with the event, and I sure do love anything Jason Aaron touches. Even if you’re not caught up with the whole X-Men universe, this event is a great place to jump in!
Shane is the marketing assistant at comiXology and is attempting to grow a glorious beard just like his hero Jason Aaron.
A one of a kind creator deserves a one of a kind sale. When Jonathan Hickman revealed the Secret Warriors to the world, the Marvel Universe was never the same again. When he opened the doors of the FF for the first time, something down right special happened. When he assembled the Avengers fresh for 2013, he didn’t just rebuilt the iconic team. He made it bigger and better than ever.
Today, all roads lead to Infinity, tomorrow… this sale ends! So you better grab these half-price issues while you can!