ComiXology Charts As The Top-Grossing iPad Book App For 2013
In France, Belgium, Germany, Spain, & The UK
Monday, January 20th, 2014 – New York, NY – Last week you learned that comiXology, the revolutionary cloud-based digital comics platform, charted as iTunes’ #1 Top Grossing non-game iPad App for 2013 in the U.S., this week comiXology reveals that they also charted as the Top-Grossing iPad Book App for 2013 in France, Belgium, Germany, Spain and the UK!
ComiXology is also making available an infographic, “Where in the World Are Digital Comics Fans?”, showing the penetration of digital comics readers on the comiXology platform across the globe.
Below are some fun facts from the infographic:
- 51% of comiXology users are outside the U.S.
- ComiXology is also currently the Top iOS Book App in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, India, Mexico, The Netherlands, New Zealand, The Philippines & many more.
ComiXology’s domination in the 2013 international Top-Grossing iPad Apps lists caps off a year that has seen comiXology’s growth driven by ongoing innovation and international expansion.
At last year’s Festival de la Bande Dessinée d’Angoulême, comiXology announced the opening of Paris-based comiXology Europe, the company’s first overseas subsidiary, which is spearheading international language content acquisition across Europe. French language navigation, a precursor to full French localization, was added to comiXology’s iOS apps in June of 2013. The Franco-Belgian market is home to a ravenous base of comic book fans, which account for a $700 million annual market – roughly on par with the U.S. market.
With over 45,000 comics and graphic novels from more than 75 publishers, comiXology offers the widest selection of digital comics in the world. ComiXology’s immense catalog and unique Guided View reading experience is available across the iPhone, iPad, Android, Kindle Fire, Windows 8, and www.comixology.com – making it the best digital platform for comic and graphic novel fans worldwide.
ComiXology has revolutionized the comic book and graphic novel industry by delivering a cloud-based digital comics platform that makes discovering, buying, and reading comics more fun than ever before. ComiXology’s Guided View™ reading technology transforms the comic book medium into an immersive and cinematic experience, helping comiXology become one of iTunes top grossing iPad apps in 2011, 2012 and 2013. Offering the broadest library of comic book content from the top 75 publishers, and including independent creators as well, comiXology will not stop until everyone on the face of the planet has become a comic book fan. A privately held company, comiXology is based in New York City. For more information, visit www.comixology.com.
- johnnystorm0 reblogged this from comixology
- skulll4d likes this
- silentbrownsugar46 likes this
- moneymaker110 likes this
- moneymaker110 reblogged this from comixology
- pollyq likes this
- gsxr462 likes this
- ecurblaoc likes this
- doktorandy reblogged this from comixology
- coconinocounty reblogged this from comixology
- seanaf reblogged this from comixology
- elrincondekaisermilan reblogged this from comixology
- elrincondekaisermilan likes this
- em946 reblogged this from comixology
- em946 likes this
- nitrojill likes this
- jim1701 reblogged this from comixology
- cr8dv8 reblogged this from comixology
- bots-only-no-cons likes this
- sboyar reblogged this from comixology
- sboyar likes this
- the-mangster likes this
- is-cru likes this
- sevenseasentertainment likes this
- comixology posted this