1. When were you first inspired to make comics and what book set you on the path to becoming a creator?
I don’t think there was any one book; I used to scribble characters from the Batman TV show when I was little. It’s one of my earliest memories.
2. If you weren’t making comics right now, what other occupation would you most like to see yourself in?
Begging for spare change. Seriously, if I couldn’t draw for a living, I’d just curl up in a ball.
3. If you could have dinner with any other comic creator living or dead, who would it be and why?
Harvey Kurtzman. I think he understood storytelling on a level that has been rarely matched, and I suspect he would have been a fun guy to have a conversation with generally!
4. If you could GIVE an Eisner award to another creator working today who would it be and why?
Jeremy Bastian absolutely deserves it for Cursed Pirate Girl. It’s not only just stupid-good, Jeremy has put more heart and soul into its creation and making sure it gets published beautifully.
5. If you do win, where are you going to keep the award?
We have a glass curio case at home; we could make room for it in there.
- yr-little-hoodrat-friend likes this
- aaronshattuck likes this
- psychedelicspine likes this
- rnfox likes this
- firerainbow reblogged this from colleencoover
- nongravity likes this
- andrewdeanmckay likes this
- circle likes this
- sexsavestheday likes this
- tommydraw likes this
- sharpless likes this
- racheldukes likes this
- numerosix likes this
- colleencoover reblogged this from jeremywinslife and added:
- mooretoons likes this
- kirkvanlund likes this
- stevelieber reblogged this from comixology
- thatswhatshanesaid reblogged this from comixology and added:
- monkeybraincomics reblogged this from kppearl
- monkeybraincomics likes this
- kppearl reblogged this from comixology
- jeremywinslife reblogged this from comixology and added:
- comixology posted this